Spaghetti Carbonara is not only an Italian tradition, but it’s also a pasta favorite on many American dinner tables. Made with egg, bacon, and cheese, this dish is creamy and satisfying, and it will be a sure-fire favorite amongst all the members of your household, even those notorious picky eaters! Plus, it’s easy and affordable to make with only a few ingredients and a dash of salt and pepper. To get started on dinner for tonight or tomorrow, check out the recipe below!
• Coarsely ground black pepper
• 2 large eggs and 2 large yolks, room temperature
• 1 ounce (about 1/3 packed cup) grated pecorino Romano
• 1 ounce (about 1/3 packed cup) grated Parmesan
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 ½ ounces of slab guanciale, pancetta, or bacon, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
• 12 ounces spaghetti (about ¾ box)
1. Place a large pot of lightly salted water (no more than 1 tablespoon of salt) over high heat, and bring to a boil. Fill a large bowl with hot water for serving, and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks, and pecorino, and Parmesan. Season it with a pinch of salt and a generous amount of black pepper.
3. Set the water to boil. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the pork and sauté until the fat just renders, on the edge of crispness but not hard. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Add pasta to the water and boil until a bit firmer than al dente. Just before pasta is ready, reheat guanciale in a skillet, if needed. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain pasta and add to the skillet over low heat. Stir for a minute or so.
5. Next, empty the bowl of hot water. Dry it and add hot pasta to mixture. Stir in cheese mixture, adding some reserve pasta water – if needed – for creaminess. Serve immediately, dressing it with a bit of additional grated pecorino and pepper.
Master the art of cooking by joining Haven at Bellaire Apartments in Richmond, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.